Thursday, July 9, 2009

For Friends

(Dedicated to soul-brothers and soul-sisters.)

You lent me yours when I ran out of crayon,
And held my hand while crossing dark hallways,
And though those days have passed, yes they’re gone,
I remember your smile-kissed young face, always.
Always, when I’m feeling the blues,
And life seems too tough to bear,
I recall your paintings, with their splash of hues,
You gave me each December, every year.
How, with you around, sunlight always looked too bright,
And how can I forget, dearest, our gazing together at the star-filled night.
All the dreams, hopes, wishes-on-stars and the moon-shine,
Dare I ever let go these wonderful memories I consider all mine?
Friend- you are a pint of beer that tastes like starry skies,
And you, with your eccentricities, are the pineapple of my crazy eyes.
So, promise me, you’ll still be my friend, even if I turn enemy,
And you’ll be something..someone…who’ll always..just be.
Swear that you’ll mean for me, a journey that never ends,
God, where would we be in this world,
If it wouldn’t be for friends.

2 comments:

  1. brilliant work..
    friends are to be treasured especially those we know from childhood..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amal
    thank you. i hope you did read my comment on your post-bring back the warmth..i liked it immensely..

    ReplyDelete